This regional site serves multiple counties. Use the dropdown below to view a specific county's data.
Other or Unknown race Medicare beneficiaries (percent)
Kentucky - Boyd
learn more about the color range
Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries who are Other or Unknown race
Number of Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries who are not non-Hispanic white, African American, or Hispanic. Includes Other and Unknown race.
Number of Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries
- Divide the count of beneficiaries who are Other or Unknown race by the count of Medicare FFS beneficiaries.
- Medicare FFS beneficiaries limited to those who (a) have no months of HMO enrollment and (b) have both Part A and Part B for whatever portion of the year that they are covered by FFS Medicare (i.e., they have no months of A-only or B-only coverage).
- Beneficiary age group (< 65 and 65+ ) was determined using the age of the individual at the end of the reference year or the individual's age at the time of death.
- HRR documentation is posted at http://www.dartmouthatlas.org/downloads/methods/geogappdx.pdf
- Posted rates are based on RTI Race Code, http://www.ccwdata.org/data-dictionaries/bene-summary-complete.htm#RTI_RACE
Chronic Condition Data Warehouse (CCW)
The Chronic Condition Data Warehouse (CCW) is a research database designed to (1) identify areas for improving the quality of care provided to chronically ill Medicare beneficiaries; (2) identify ways to reduce program spending; and (3) make current Medicare data more readily available to researchers studying chronic illness in the Medicare population. The CCW contains fee-for-service institutional and non-institutional claims, enrollment/eligibility, and assessment data from 1999 forward for a random 5% sample of Medicare beneficiaries (100% for 2005 forward). The data are linked by a unique, unidentifiable beneficiary key, which allows researchers to analyze information across the continuum of care.